Lasagna for Lunch:
Declaring Peace with
French Toast for Breakfast:
Declaring Peace with
Web Sites for Eating Support
- EDReferral.com - Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center
- International treatment referrals. Dedicated to the prevention and
treatment of eating disorders. Detailed information on eating disorders, monthly
- Gurze-Salucore Eating Disorders Resource Catalogue
- A comprehensive site of eating disorder books, videos, articles about
eating disorders, and newsletter. Links to treatment facilities and a free
- National Eating Disorder Association
- Treatment referrals. Conferences. Parent and family network. Research
studies. Media watchdog on relevant issues.
- Eating Disorders Online
- An eating disorder resource offering recovery information, current news,
treatment finder, and forums.
- Eating Disorders Anonymous
- A 12 step fellowship that believes people can and do fully recover from
eating disorders. The program offers meetings and help to live with balance,
sound nutrition, and to resolve obsessing about food, eating and body
- Overeaters Anonymous
- A 12 step spiritual fellowship based on Alcoholics Anonymous that believes compulsive overeating is a progressive illness and can be arrested
through sharing strength, hope, and experience in the meetings.
- ANRED - Anorexia Nervosa and Related Eating Disorders
- Information on anorexia nervosa, related and ther less-well-known eating disorders. Statistics,
causes, and treatment options.
- Health at Every Size
- Health At Every Size is a community that believes the best way to
improve health is to honor your body. It supports people in adopting health
habits for the sake of health and well-being rather than weight control.
- Joshua Childrens Foundation
- Addictions are often caused by childhood abuse. Healing links and recommended books.
- National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance (NAAFA)
- Advocacy for fat Americans, update on relevant legislation, newsletter.
- Psych Central
- Mental health and psychology resources on line. "Enpsychlopedia" of articles
on eating disorders, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, premenstrual
syndrome, medication. Interactive chats.
- The National Association for Males with Eating Disorders offers a wealth
of information on the diagnosis and treatment for men with eating disorders.
- Male Survivor
- An organization committed to preventing, healing, and eliminating all
forms of sexual victimization of boys and men through support, treatment,
research, education, advocacy, and activism.
- Articles about integrating the body, mind, spirit, art, and music in the recovery from an eating disorder.
- A popular online health blog featuring articles on recovery with a focus on "eat, move, breathe, live, love."
- Learn Psychology
- An eating disorder awareness guide which offers an in-depth understanding for students.
Mary Anne Cohen, LCSW, BCD
The New York Center for Eating Disorders
490 Third Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215